- Think Tanks
- Fixed Contract
Assists in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating an advocacy and communication strategy to get IDEAS’ issues into the public domain, strengthen political will in support of the IDEAS’s work and objectives, and enhance the organization’s credibility and brand.
Reports to: Manager, External Relations
1. Lead and provide technical support in the implementation of an advocacy and communications strategy
2. Provide support in the management of project implementation, ensuring compliance with funder requirements, financial procedures, and legal obligations
3. Coordinate the development and production of communication products (e.g. news stories/press releases, internal newsletters, media briefs, training documents, presentation materials) and communication activities
4. Conduct management and coordination of social media platforms and websites
5. Provide support in the development of relevant messages, use of appropriate media channels and providing strategic solutions to communication challenges.
6. Participate in communications planning and briefing, including press conferences and media interviews; Develop relations with the media to support IDEAS advocacy and communications goals
7. Work with internal and external stakeholders to draft information material and identify the most appropriate communication channels, messaging and audiences for dissemination purposes
– Good undergraduate degree from a reputable institution
– A minimum of 4 years experience in communications and/or marketing required,
– Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills;
– Excellent written and verbal communication (minimum in English and Bahasa Melayu), presentation and facilitation skills;
– Prior experience in a non-profit organisation or a communications role will be an advantage
– Self-driven and motivated individual;
How to Apply?
Please submit a complete application package consisting of:
– Make your pitch explaining why you would like to work for IDEAS and your salary expectation
– CV, which must include full details of your previous employment
– Contact details of two referees. We will contact your referees only if you are shortlisted for an offer.
We will contact only the applicants whom we would like to interview within 4 weeks of the closing date.
- Public Relations, Research, Writing/Editing